Afraid of conflict? You wouldn’t be human if you weren’t.
As a hostage negotiator of over 45 years, IMD Professor George Kohlrieser experienced that what works in an extreme situation like a hostage-taking also works in a business setting.
Master these six essential skills to turn conflict into a constructive tool for individual and company success:
- Create and maintain a bond with your adversary
- Establish a dialogue for conflict negotiation
- “Put the fish on the table”
- Keep in mind the cause of the conflict
- Reciprocity works
- Nurture a positive relationship throughout conflict
Business managers and companies that use these six essential skills for conflict management leverage great opportunity.